Other things that caught our eye this week:
- Capital Weather Gang (our favorite weather forecasters) are now predicting a 100% chance of snow on Saturday.
- Mike Tidwell says -- To fix climate change, stop going green.
- I really believe in drinking tap water, but stories like this NY Times article about water polution are starting to make me wonder. What do you drink?
- Christmas shopping this weekend? Check out our list of Noteworthy Books About Nature in 2009
- USGS is replacing its paper topographic maps with free online ones. I'm a sucker for a good map.
- Clean Currents will look at a Google Map view of your house and tell you whether solar might be feasible on your property. They pointed out to us that while our house is well-shaded, we've got a large, full-sun shed roof to work with. Stay tuned.
- A reminder to use old Christmas trees to protect birds.
- A reminder from Nature Observer to Celebrate Winter.
Interest in the changing seasons is a much happier state of mind than being hopelessly in love with spring. -- Santayana